Sirote & Permutt’s Construction Group handles legal issues related to design, engineering and construction of facilities. We assist clients in a variety of construction-related legal matters, including:
- Contract drafting and negotiation
- Prosecution and defense of construction claims
- Litigation of construction-related matters
- Defense of personal injury claims
- Environmental problems related to construction
Our construction law practice includes civil litigation in State and Federal courts, as well as alternative dispute resolution, including arbitration and mediation. Our clients include commercial owners, general contractors and subcontractors. We also represent product and equipment manufacturers; homeowners, architects, engineers and designers; equipment and material suppliers; bonding companies and financial institutions with regard to construction issues.
Our construction attorneys assist clients in every phase of the construction process, including:
- Pre-Construction Planning and Negotiation. Our construction attorneys frequently assist clients in the planning and negotiation phase of the construction process. Our clients benefit from Sirote’s experience in other legal areas, such as corporate taxation, finance, labor and employment and real estate; in establishing joint ventures, corporations and other business entities; and in project financing. Furthermore, our construction attorneys assist clients in negotiating and drafting the construction contract documents to provide the client with the most advantageous contractual position possible.
- Construction. Sirote’s representation of the construction client does not end when the construction contract is complete. As is typical with most construction projects, conflicts and disputes can arise during the construction phase. Our construction lawyers assist in evaluating and handling disputes regarding payment, claims, accidents, insurance coverage and contract disputes, as well as materialmen’s and mechanics’ liens.
- Dispute Resolution. While we always suggest prompt resolution of disputes through informal negotiations among the parties, such disputes may result in more formal dispute resolution proceedings. Our construction attorneys are experienced in the prosecution and defense of construction disputes ranging from small lien claims to large, complex delay claims. While formal litigation sometimes cannot be avoided, our construction attorneys encourage dispute resolution through mediation and arbitration. Experience has shown that such alternative dispute resolution methods are not only tactically advantageous, but can be cost-effective as well.