Estates, Wills & Trusts
Sirote & Permutt's Estates, Wills &Trusts Group offers more than half a century of experience and community leadership in estate planning, probate and trust administration. Our attorneys provide a full range of estate, tax, business, charitable and special needs planning for our clients. We are also experienced in handling contested proceedings involving estates, trusts, guardianships and conservatorships in court, representing both fiduciaries and beneficiaries.
Our clients include corporate executives, closely held business owners, entrepreneurs, retired persons, charities, philanthropists, banks, trust companies, individuals serving as fiduciaries and families of all sizes with all types of needs.
Clients benefit from the wide array of services that our Estates, Wills & Trusts Group offers, including:
- Creating unique estate plans for individuals
- Working to minimize estate taxes and preserve assets for future generations or other beneficiaries, while accomplishing personal goals
- Facilitating the transfer of wealth through administration of estates and trusts
- Assisting with the preparation and filing of gift and estate tax returns
- Providing representation in probate and other courts involving will contests and estate disputes
- Addressing the special needs of beneficiaries, including those who cannot manage assets or who suffer from mental or physical disabilities
- Counseling on appropriate means to protect assets from creditors and help clients consider incentives for younger generations to use their personal and financial resources wisely in positive ways
- Working closely with other advisors, including accountants, financial planners, insurance agents and family offices, for the benefit of clients
The Estate, Wills & Trusts attorneys are active in various industry organizations. In fact, six members of our group have been elected Fellows of the American College of Trust and Estate Counsel (ACTEC) , which is the most distinguished professional organization in this field of law.
Our attorneys have written numerous articles for leading industry periodicals (such as ACDD Advocate), served in leadership positions on state and national bar committees and professional organizations (such as the Alabama Society of CPAs, the Alabama Planned Giving Council and the American College of Tax Council), have appeared on radio and television programs focused on this area of the law and have a published treatises on estate planning. We also regularly participate in seminars that educate other professionals in the field, as well as host seminars to help educate our clients in the laws that impact their own estate plans or how to deal with their responsibilities when they are appointed as executor of an estate or Trustee of a trust.
Sirote Attorney Craig Stephens in the News! - 10/16/2013