Register Now! ASCPA Webinar Series Presented by Sirote Corporate & Tax Group
July 17, 2012
The law firm of Sirote & Permutt, PC is pleased to announce an upcoming webinar series for the Alabama Society of Certified Public Accountants (ASCPA). In collaboration with ASCPA, Sirote will present 13 live webinars beginning July 6, 2012, and will continue each Friday through September 2012.
“The ASCPA is excited to host this series. Sirote is a leader on these important tax issues and I know our members will find great benefit from their knowledge,” says Jeannine Birmingham, CPA, President and CEO, ASCPA Executive Director.
Members of the firm’s Corporate & Tax Group will present each section. Topics will focus on current tax issues and will include:
- Planning for Discharge of Indebtedness Issues for Real Estate Clients on July 6 by Don Johnson and Brad Sklar
- Responding to IRS Examinations on July 13 by David Wooldridge
- Due Diligence Issues for Acquisitions Involving S Corporations on July 20 by Ronald Levitt
- Tax and Business Issues in Connection with Raising Capital on July 27 by John Cooper
- ESOPs and other Qualified Tax Plans on August 3 by Joe Bluestein and Jay Maples
- Operating as an S Corporation Through a State Law Limited Liability Company on August 10 by Ronald Levitt
- The M&A Process on August 17 by Todd Carlisle
- Tools for Resolving Collection Issues with the IRS on August 24 by David Wooldridge
- Unreasonably High and Unreasonably Low Compensation Issues on August 31 by Ronald Levitt
- Corporate Reorganizations on September 7 by John Cooper
- Taxpayer Penalties and Relief from Them on September 14 by David Wooldridge
- Data Security on September 21 by Mike Murphy and Todd Carlisle
- Statutes of Limitations and Their Many Exceptions on September 28 by David Wooldridge
The webinars are approved for Continuing Education Credit by the Alabama State Board of Public Accountancy. To register for any webinar of the series, visit www.ascpa.org.
Sirote’s Corporate & Tax Group represents many clients in controversies with the Internal Revenue Service and various state taxing authorities. Our representation includes audits, settlement negotiations and abatement proceedings, as well as tax litigation before the U.S. Tax Court, U.S. Claims Court, and the U.S. District Courts and Courts of Appeals.
Many of the firm’s activities involve sophisticated tax planning for individuals and closely held and publicly owned businesses.
ASCPA consists of 11 chapters across Alabama. The organization’s mission is to unite the profession of accountancy; to promote and maintain high professional, ethical and moral standards; and to promote the professional interests of Certified Public Accountants.