Sirote & Permutt’s Tax Group utilizes our multi-disciplinary mastery to guide you through even the most complex tax issues. We understand that a misstep in the tax law arena can lead to hefty and unnecessary penalties and vulnerabilities for you and your business. Sirote attorneys bring you the experience needed to structure all types of transactions to maximize your tax benefits, reduce your risk and ensure compliance.
Sirote can direct you through all aspects of domestic and international tax issues and planning, including the formation and structuring of start-up companies, corporate reorganizations and mergers and liquidations of public and closely held corporations. Many of our activities involve sophisticated tax strategies for individuals and closely held and publicly owned businesses.
Sirote tax attorneys are well-versed in handling a wide array of tax issues, including:
- Ownership and transfer of new technologies
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Venture capital transactions
- Asset and stock acquisitions and dispositions
- Corporate liquidations
- Leveraged buyouts
- Controversies with the IRS
- Settlement negotiations
- Abatement proceedings
- Tax litigation
Additionally, Sirote’s tax attorneys are well-versed in their field:
- Twenty of our attorneys hold advanced LLM degrees
- Many of our attorneys serve on American Bar Association Section of Taxation committees
- Many of our attorneys teach courses in tax programs at prestigious universities, including New York University, the University of Virginia, the University of North Carolina and the University of Alabama.
- We have represented Alabama-based clients in strategic transactions valued at more than $6 billion.