Whether your company is a developer or provider of business technologies or finds itself in the market as a consumer of business technologies, unforeseen legal complexities can easily arise. Sirote’s Business Technology attorneys have guided many banking, financial services, health care, biotech, pharmaceutical, software and manufacturing businesses through the legal processes associated with business technology.
Our attorneys have assisted business owners in acquiring business technology solutions, outsourcing in-house functions, developing and commercializing new solutions, and protecting and defending proprietary technologies and intellectual properties.
Sirote’s attorney roster includes former in-house counsel who have successfully addressed many of the same issues our clients face on a daily basis. Whether you need counsel regarding a commercial transaction, intellectual property protection or enforcement, or information management, Sirote will adeptly steer you through the needed documentation, negotiations and, if necessary, litigation.
Our Business Technology practice group provides a wide array of services, including:
- Development and commercialization of proprietary technologies and intellectual properties, including development agreements, manufacturing agreements, source code escrow, OEM agreements, reseller agreements, distributor agreements, end-user licensing, UCITA, and best practices advice and consultation
- Protection and enforcement of proprietary technologies and intellectual properties, including copyright, trademark and trade secret protection, enforcement and licensing
- Acquisition of business technologies, outsourcing and service provider agreements
- Database and Information Management
- Information Security and Privacy, including HIPAA, HITECH and COPPA
- Mergers and Acquisitions