Rodney E. Nolen
p - 205.930.5143
f - 205.212.3893
For more than 30 years, Rodney has focused on creditor rights and collections. He represents manufacturers, suppliers and commercial lenders in recovering collateral and securing the repayment of defaulted loans. His clients include banks, commercial finance companies, construction-material providers, electrical suppliers, heavy equipment manufacturers, truck leasing companies and manufactured housing lenders. Rodney assists companies in efficient and economical recovery of collateral, machinery or equipment, and in securing successful post-judgment, asset discovery and collections.
Awards & Accreditations
- The Best Lawyers in America©
- Corporate Law, 2012-18
- Mid-South Super Lawyers, 2011-2016
- AV-Preeminent, Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™
- Head of Sirote's Collections Practice
- Certified Creditors' Rights Specialist, American Board of Certification
- Commercial Law League of America
- Executive Council, Southern District, 1995-97; 1999-01
- Creditors Rights Section
- National Association of Retail Collection Attorneys
- Birmingham Bar Association
- Fee Arbitration Committee
- Commercial and Bankruptcy Law Section
- Alabama and American Bar Associations
- Represents clients in state and federal court
- Receipt and referral of commercial claims nationwide
- Coordinates representation of commercial clients throughout Alabama
Cumberland School of Law
- Brother Bryan Mission
- Board Member
• Coordinate Asset Recovery plan in Alabama for regional bank client including collection of money judgments, real property levy and executions and equipment collateral recovery.
• Successfully defended attempt to domesticate $4,000,000.00 foreign judgment.
• Recovered fraudulent transfer of 18 parcels of real property to enforce judgment against prior owner. Coordinated referral and collection of $84,000.00 judgment to co-counsel in Florida for recovery in full. Successfully handled over 500 manufactured home title curative declaratory judgments.
• Successfully obtained declaratory judgment to reform mortgage or impose equitable mortgage against non- signing owner of property.
• Recovered $125,000 from seller for client who purchased equipment later seized by law enforcement as stolen property.
• Revived numerous judgments for second 10 year period and executed judgment lien on real property by Sheriff's Levy.
• Perfected $4,000,000.00 lien on coal lease operator on land owned by coal company.
• Represented Receiver of property management company in ad valorem tax redemption proceeding against multiple tax purchasers.
• Enforced 6 year old uncollectable judgment on estate inheritance share of judgment by default and annuity share.
• Handled multiple title curative actions to reform legal descriptions, confirm access easements, resolve deceased parties’ interest and other complex title defects.
• Enforced judgment against estate beneficiary for embezzled funds from elderly parent.