Ten Sirote Attorneys Recognized by Chambers USA 2018
Ten noted Sirote attorneys have received distinguished recognition by Chambers and Partners, one of the legal profession’s most respected independent research organizations. Chambers only recognizes a select group of attorneys in each state who demonstrate excellence in the areas of technical legal ability, professional conduct, client service, commercial astuteness, diligence, commitment, and other qualities most valued by clients.
Chambers USA has also recognized Sirote in 2018 for four of its practice areas: Banking and Finance; Corporate/Commercial; Litigation: General Commercial; and Real Estate.
Representing national and local clients, the Banking and Finance Practice Group provides sophisticated representation in the areas of state and federal regulatory compliance, document preparation, loan closings, collection and bankruptcy, pension and deferred compensation programs, and litigation services.
Sirote’s Corporate and Securities Practice Group offers a full range of corporate legal services with particular experience in mergers and acquisitions, private equity, tax structuring, and transactional real estate. Attorneys in this group undertake matters in a range of industries, including health care, real estate, insurance, and financial services.
The Litigation Practice Group at Sirote & Permutt has developed a reputation for dynamic and effective litigation in state and federal courts throughout the Southeast. At the forefront of change in modern business litigation, our attorneys have met head-on the challenge of rapidly escalating litigation costs by effective use of technology and skilled paralegals in large, complex cases.
Sirote’s Real Estate Practice Group advises investors, developers, and various retail and banking clients on major commercial land acquisitions, leases, and project finance matters and has extensive experience in the residential space, especially in regard to multifamily properties. Clients say that "everyone at the firm is quick to respond to requests and answer questions."
Sirote attorneys recognized in the 2018 Chambers USA Guide for Alabama includes:
- Robert Baugh in Litigation: General Commercial: Robert co-chairs Sirote’s Litigation Practice Group, where he focuses on the representation of clients in insurance, business, and product liability cases in both state and federal courts. Clients say that "he is incredibly organized,” “very smart,” “good at managing complex cases, and fantastic at driving the team to the right goal."
- Steven Brickman in Real Estate: As head of the Real Estate Practice Group, Steven is a highly regarded lawyer in the world of commercial real estate. Steven is a trusted advisor, helping clients navigate all aspects of the commercial real estate development process, from land acquisition and financing to leasing and planning. Clients prize his knowledge of “how to protect his clients and facilitate good relationships."
- W. Todd Carlisle in Corporate/Commercial: Firm president Todd Carlisle is highly regarded as "a very strong technical lawyer," adding that "he gives good strategic advice." His practice focuses on mergers and acquisitions and general corporate representation. In the past five years, he has handled numerous merger and acquisition transactions with an aggregate consideration in excess of $2.0 billion for clients in the healthcare, technology, financial services, and insurance sectors.
- John Cooper in Corporate/Commercial: Sources note John's impressive abilities as a negotiator and highlight his background in tax law and the invaluable perspective this adds to his advice. John advises businesses on topics including the planning, structuring, and negotiating of mergers and acquisitions, corporate reorganizations, purchases and sales of businesses, and raising capital through issuance of debt and equity securities.
- Jerry Held in Real Estate: He represents national mortgage lenders, servicers, and government agencies in mortgage banking law, real estate litigation, default servicing, and title insurance law.
- Lenora Pate in Healthcare: As the chair of Sirote’s Health Care Consulting Practice Group, Lenora advises all types of health care providers, institutions, practices, professionals, businesses, and related associations on their business legal needs, including federal and state regulatory issues. She is especially noted for her skills in the state regulatory arena.
- Maurice Shevin in Banking and Finance: Mainly Regulatory: According to clients, Maury “is a seasoned regulatory attorney and is proficient in consumer lending." He serves as counsel for trade associations, financial institutions and business clients, advising them with respect to business and industry concerns.
- Adam Sigman in Real Estate: Adam has a great understanding of issues surrounding the development, financing, and acquisition of commercial real estate, with experience in representing developers and investors across a broad spectrum of asset categories. Sources say that "his individual strengths are his knowledge of real estate law, attention to detail, thorough understanding of the client's overall strategic plan, and the ability to handle multiple transactions in a short period of time."
- Bradley Sklar in Corporate/Commercial: Brad is viewed by sources as a "very accomplished M&A and Tax Attorney" who is "well regarded" in the market. He is active on a wide range of transactional matters, with an emphasis on complex real estate, construction, and professional services sectors. He continues to be consulted on a regular basis by businesses in connection with sophisticated entity planning (having served as the principal draftsperson for the Alabama Limited Liability Company Statute) and economic development incentive packages. Brad also spends a significant segment of his time focusing on sell side consulting, regularly assisting clients with private equity matters and corporate transactions.
- James Vann in Banking and Finance: According to a satisfied client, Jim’s strengths are "his knowledge and ability to work with us to determine the true risks we need to mitigate with the loan documents.” He represents banks and other lenders in connection with all types of lending and workout activities, in addition to representing developers and owners of multi-family, industrial, and other commercial real estate in the acquisition, sale, leasing, and financing of such properties.
Since 1990, London-based Chambers and Partners has ranked the world’s best lawyers and law firms with its in-depth guides. Its team of more than 170 full-time researchers prides itself on in-depth, objective analysis of the legal market in 185 jurisdictions on four continents.